As a kid sugar cookies were my FAVORITE treat. The variety of sugar cookies at the supermarket was unreal. Definitely making it a hard decision to choose for sure. Now that I’m steering toward a healthier life, the keto way of eating has changed my view of HEALTH in its entirety. Including desserts, lunch, snacks, breakfast and dinner. Since I could not bare to give sugar cookies up, I made an alternative, keto friendly recipe! Here’s a recipe for you super sweet cookie lovers!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 5 tablespoons stevia extract/sweetener of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter (soft)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or oil or butter if pp is not available.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and the wet separately. Add the wet to the dry and mix until a doughy texture forms. If you can not achieve by hand mixing try a blender.
- Once dough is formed, (be sure to add pinches of coconut flour if not in complete dough form), scoop about 1 tablespoon full- apart onto the baking sheet. Add preferred thickness.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden on the edges.
- Let cool for 3 minutes and enjoy!
I usually eat these cookies with a side of almond milk to make it more of a comfort treat! Remember, don’t give in just because you think there is no other way. There is always an alternative to everything, like these fine cookies. Enjoy and don’t forget to share with keto family and friends.
Serving: (1 cookie) Calories: 33.5 Total fat: 4.5g Carbs: 1g Dietary Fiber: .5g Protein: .5g